Digital Portfolios – Help Learners Take Control of Their Learning and Make YOUR Life Easier As a Teacher
About the Course
Digital portfolios are a digital collection of students' authentic work using different media. Digital portfolios help students capture their thinking and progress and allow teachers to assess their students in a more organized and fun way!
Why use digital portfolios? Here are a few reasons:
- Digital Portfolios allow students to change the way they learn by encouraging independence, responsibility and reflection.
- Do you have students that struggle to write their answers? Digital Portfolios allow struggling students different ways to express their learning, making them more confident!
- Digital Portfolios allow students the ability to track their learning over long periods of time.
- Students, Parents, and Teachers will be a fan of digital portfolios because all of the students' work is located in 1 location.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify the potential of digital portfolios to demonstrate student understanding and growth over time.
- Explore a variety of software tools for the creation of digital portfolios.
- Review tools and analyze the best tool for building a digital portfolio.
- Create a digital portfolio showcasing assignments for their class.