Discipline Strategies for the Classroom
About the Course
This course focuses on the six basic components of classroom discipline and management. This book study will offer suggestions for teachers when dealing with individual student behaviors, for streamlining daily activities, and ideas for giving students their own management tools.
Working with Students: Discipline Strategies for the Classroom by Ruby K. Payne
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify the six basic components of classroom discipline and management along with the purpose of each.
- Implement teaching routines and procedures for the classroom including parent communication.
- Create a daily system to help manage the roles in the classroom.
- Recognize your own approach to discipline.
- Develop a plan to help an individual student manage his/her own behavior.