Collaboration & Co-teaching for English Language Learners
Teachers will actively participate in online learning to explore how teacher collaboration and co-teaching can provide an effective framework for integrated ESL practices for diverse English language learners. Teachers will apply their knowledge of this framework by reviewing grade level specific case studies and create a co-teaching planning form for general education and ELL instruction.
This course is appropriate for both elementary and secondary general education and ELL teachers, as well as administrators interested in creating a collaborative instructional model to support ELLs.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Define teacher collaboration, collaborative team teaching, and co-teaching in the context of ESL
- Describe how teacher collaboration and co-teaching can provide an effective framework for the academic, sociocultural, and linguistic needs of diverse English language learners.
- Implement an effective co-teaching model to differentiate instruction for ELLs.
- Identify the challenges and successes teachers experiences in collaborative partnerships by analyzing case studies
- Create a co-teaching planning form for one week of general education and ELL instruction in a subject area.
- Grade(s): Pre-K | Kindergarten | 1st Grade | 2nd Grade | 3rd Grade | 4th Grade | 5th Grade | 6th Grade | 7th Grade | 8th Grade | 9th Grade | 10th Grade | 11th Grade | 12th Grade | Elementary K-5 | Secondary 6-12
- Subject(s): English Language Learning | Professional Development
- Colorado Academic Standard(s):
- Teacher Quality Standard(s):