Essentials of Guided Reading
About the Course
This course is a book study of Jan Richardson’s work, The Next Step in Guided Reading. Participants will analyze reading assessments to identify instructional focus, discuss instructional strategies to teach appropriate skills at multiple reading levels, as well as develop a daily schedule including all areas of balanced literacy. This course is appropriate for K-8 literacy teachers.
- The Next Step in Guided Reading: Focused Assessments and Targeted Lessons for Helping Every Student Become a Better Reader by Jan Richardson
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify a balance literacy classroom and the purpose of each area.
- Implement teaching routines and procedures in order to create a rich literacy learning environment.
- Create a daily schedule including all areas of balanced literacy and guided reading groups.
- Recognize that each instructional approach has a specific purpose.
- Develop targeted lessons using various strategies to meet students’ needs.
Be the first one to review this course!