Never Work Harder Than Your Students and Other Principles of Great Teaching
About the Course
This course is a book study of Robyn Jackson’s book Never Work Harder Than Your Students and Other Principles of Great Teaching. “The master teacher mindset is really a disposition toward teaching. It is a way of thinking about instruction, about students, about learning, and about teaching in general that makes teaching fluid, efficient, and effective.” Six principles of mastery teaching will be discussed and applied during this book study. Those principles are:
- Master teachers start where their students are.
- Master teachers know where their students are going.
- Master teachers expect to get their students to their goal.
- Master teachers support their students along the way.
- Master teachers use feedback to help them and their students get better.
- Master teachers focus on quality rather than quantity.
- Master teachers never work harder than their students.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Reflect upon their current teaching practice and implement plans for growth.
- Learn how to apply the master teacher principles effectively.
- Implement plans for professional growth.