Leader in Me
About the Course
This course is a book study of Stephen Covey’s “The Leader in Me,” 2nd edition. Participants will collaboratively discuss and submit written reflections and lessons on the 7 Habits (Be Proactive, Begin With the End in Mind, Put First Things First, Think Win-Win, Seek First to Understand Then Be Understood, Synergize, and Sharpen the Saw) Focus will be on how to develop a classroom leadership model specifically for students grades 1-6. Participants will have opportunity to differentiate learning by using a “Leader in Me” Activity Guide specifically for the grade level most applicable. In addition participants will choose 3-5 “pins” each week on particular topics for a personalized Pinterest board that will be shared to conclude the course. This activity guiide will be provided for students taking this class.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Implement strategies for effectively taking responsibility for improving school culture through student leadership processes.
- Establish and maintain communication with students, colleagues, parents, and community members regarding leadership value in students.
- Develop effective lessons to teach, promote, and maintain the 7 Habits and its foundation.
- Identify how 7 Habits can be integrated into core curriculum and be inclusive for all students in your school.
- Reflect on best practices for the school culture.
Be the first one to review this course!