Reading in the Wild
Do you want your students to become lifelong readers? Donalyn Miller shares her expertise of creating lifelong readers and provides teachers with strategies for “wild” reading. You will walk away from this book study with applicable ideas, resources, and a plan of making lifelong readers! This course is a follow-up and companion to Miller’s first book- The Book Whisperer- Awakening the Inner Reader in Every Child.
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Identify characteristics of lifelong reading habits.
- Establish a routine for implementing reading conferences and tracking student progress.
- Identify resources that will work with your grade level and classroom.
- Create a plan for implementation of concepts in your classroom.
- Subject(s): English Language Arts | Reading,Writing,Communicating
- Colorado Academic Standard(s):
- Teacher Quality Standard(s):