Google Apps, Extensions, and Add-ons
About the Course
What are apps, extensions, and add-ons and how can you use them in your classroom? In this project-based beginner's course, you will learn the difference between an app, extension, and add-on. You will explore content creation tools, literacy and numeracy tools, STEAM tools, and communication and understanding tools. Additionally, you will learn about some of the best educational technology tools, and choose four that will be beneficial for you or your students.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Understand the difference between an app, extension, and add-on
- Discover Chrome Education Tools
- Research and Assess Chrome Content Creation Tools
- Develop a Content Creation Tool
- Research and Assess Literacy and Numeracy Tools
- Develop a Numeracy Tool for the the classroom
- Research and Assess STEAM tools
- Develop a STEAM tool
- Research and Assess Communication and Understanding Tools
- Develop a Communication and Understanding Tools
Jennifer Cooper is a 9-12th grade technology teacher in Colorado. She has her National Board teaching certificate, Master's in Instructional Technology, Google Certified Instructor, Google Presenter, 2016 PBS Teacher of the Year, 2015-2016 Teacher Leadership Initiative, 2016-2017 TeachPlus TALL teacher, 2019 TLI Colorado Coach, a member of the Colorado Teacher Initiative Program, Adams State Adjunct Professor, CEA online instructor, and has been a teacher for over 15 years. Jennifer holds a BA in Secondary Education from University of Iowa and a Master Degree in Instructional Technology from NOVA Southeastern University. She believes technology can help engage every learner, increase creativity, and enhance critical thinking skills.