PBL Starter Kit
About the Course
This course is a book study of the PBL starter kit: To-the-point advice, tools and tips for your first project in middle or high school. We will also explore the difference and similarities between Problem and Project based learning. This book is a step by step guide to start your first PBL, although the book is intended for Middle and High School teachers, lessons can be adapted for upper elementary as well. By the end of this course you will have your first PBL created and ready for implementation in your classroom.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Explain the differences between Problem and Project based learning
- Understand how PBL can be used across subject areas, grade levels, and integrated between subjects.
- Develop a PBL idea, set learning goals for students, decide on the project's scope, and develop a Driving Question.
- Plan, create and prepare tasks and activities that need to be complete in the PBL.
- Build the right culture, guide the process of inquiry, manage day-to-day tasks, stay organized, facilitate student presentations to an audience, and troubleshoot problems that arise while teaching a PBL project.
- Develop a plan for reflection once the project is completed.
Sunshine Vincent is an Instructional Coach and Gifted Education Coordinator who works with both students and teachers to help them create the best learning experience for their students and ensure gifted students are being challenged and always learning new things. Sunshine knows that teaching is an ever changing career and there are always new methods and ideas to learn. She knows that providing teachers with support and guidance will ensure our students are always getting the best educational experience possible. Sunshine has presented at multiple educational conferences across Colorado in many different area of educational practices. She has taught for 19 years in multiple fields for all grades, Pre-school - 12th.
Sunshine is a a certified Google Education Educator and Trainer and certified by CDE to teach Depth and Complexity strategies. Sunshine holds a Masters of Education with an emphasis in Technology from the University of Oregon and has almost completed a second Master of Education in Gifted Education from the University of Colorado Colorado Springs. She also has endorsements in Special Education, Technology Education, Technology Specialist, Business and Gifted Education.
Be the first one to review this course!