Beyond Sentence Stems
About the Course
Teachers will actively participate in online learning to further develop their understanding of the many types of vocabulary necessary to teach students in a variety of content areas. We will investigate popular strategies such as a sentence stems and extend these beyond these to make sure that students have access to complex language as they navigate academic content.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Define and distinguish between “brick” and “mortar” words
- Define and explain the difference between function and form and how they are interrelated.
- Create expected student responses for a major unit that will in turn create appropriate sentence frames for a variety of language learners
- Differentiate expected student responses and subsequent sentence frames for a range of language proficiencies.
- Analyze teaching strategies that support rigorous language frames
Be the first one to review this course!