Creating an Inclusive and Welcoming Classroom for All Students
About the Course
Educators will actively participate in online learning to further develop their ability to engage in meaningful conversations about disabilities with their students in order to create an environment that is welcoming and inclusive for all.
- Andrede, G. (1999). Giraffes Can't Dance. New York, NY: Scholastic.
- McKee, D. (1968). Elmer. New York, NY: Lothrop, Lee & Shepard Books.
- Milgrim, D. (2017). Some Monsters Are Different. New York, NY: Henry Holt & Company.
- Parr, T. (2001). It's Okay To Be Different. New York, NY: Hachette Book Group.
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Use Person First Language in their classroom and when talking about students with disabilities.
- Identify the unique strengths and needs of each of their students to foster an inclusive and welcoming classroom for all students.
- Discuss and develop lessons around disabilities in order to create an inclusive environment for all students.