The Innovator’s Mindset: Empower Learning, Unleash Talent, and Lead a Culture of Creativity
About the Course
In this online course, students will participate in a book study of The Innovator’s Mindset: Empower Learning, Unleash Talent, and Lead a Culture of Creativity by George Couros. This book study will explore how teachers can cultivate a mindset to be an innovator leader. Quality Standard IV requires teachers demonstrate professionalism through ethical conduct, reflection, and leadership. Participants will collaboratively discuss ideas and strategies from the book in online discussion forums, reflect on their teaching practice and professional leadership by writing journal entries, and will make an action plan to demonstrate level 4 or level 5 on the teacher evaluation rubric in quality Standard IV (leadership/professionalism) in their school setting. This course is appropriate for all K-12 teachers and others involved in education.
- The Innovator’s Mindset: Empower Learning, Unleash Talent, and Lead a Culture of Creativity by George Couros
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Create a plan to demonstrate accomplished (level 4) or exemplary (level 5) on the state model evaluation system.
- Demonstrate accomplished or exemplary on high standards for professional conduct.
- Link professional growth to their professional goals.
- Respond to a complex, dynamic environment.
- Demonstrate leadership in the school, the community, and the teaching profession.