Breaking Down The Wall: Essential Shifts for English Learners' Success
About the Course
Today's classroom requires unique planning and utilizing assessments models to help English Language Learners compete with their peers. Nine experts in culturally linguist education weave topics from assessment to collaboration that allow teachers to gain greater understanding of students with diverse needs. The essential shifts for English Language Learners success is a collective responsibility. Greater understanding among a variety of stakeholders will support the growth and placement of students with the proper services. In this class, we will enhance our knowledge of xenophobic tendencies and shift our thinking to see the benefits of multilingual learners. This course is appropriate for K-12 teachers who want to collaborate with other teachers about how to maximize opportunities for English Language Learners across content areas.
- Breaking Down The Wall: Essential Shifts for English Learners' Success by Margarita Espino Calderon et al.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Implement strategies with colleagues into the classroom that can easily be incorporated into daily lessons.
- Increase student engagement in the classroom through the use of existing assets.
- Analyze assessment and collaboration resources that support curriculum standards and learning objectives.
- Develop a variety of engagement activities to promote student agency.