Game Changer: Book Access for All Kids
About the Course
This course is a book study of Donalyn Miller and Colby Sharp's book, Game Changer: Book Access for All Kids. Miller is considered The Book Whisperer and has devoted her career to engaging students with books and helpign them fall in love with reading. This is her third book with a bit of a new approach. "Through their own classroom experiences and those of experts in the field, Miller and Sharp provide stakeholders with tools and techniques to dramatically increase children's access to-- and life-changing engagement with-- books." Miller was a secondary teacher while Sharp is an elementary teacher. This book study will be beneficial for all teachers at any level.
- Game Changer: Book Access for All Kids by Donalyn Miller and Colby Sharp
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Evaluate current practices related to book access for children.
- Identify tools to help children gain more access to books.
- Identify culturally relevant books and how to increase access for children.
- Evaluate the books in libraries and classrooms.
- Plan for implementation of increasing access to book for all children.