Leaders for Just Schools
About the Course
Teachers will actively participate in online and in-person learning to further develop their understanding of equity and its impact on learning environments. Teachers will ultimately examine ways to evaluate the equity of their own schools and create a plan to improve conditions of equity in their school.
This course is appropriate for all pre-K through secondary educators.
All enrollment fees for this course will be donated to Black Lives Matter 5280.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Explain the connection between equity and just schools.
- Identify racist practices in classroom and school environment.
- Implement specific classroom strategies that support and value students from marginalized populations.
- Engage colleagues in conversations and training about racist and anti-racist instructional practices.
- Use their voice to advocate for equity and just schools.
Be the first one to review this course!