Build an Awesome Class Website with Google Sites
About the Course
Google Sites is a collaborative tool that allows you to easily create a website to publish course content and to share class materials with students and guardians. Sites offer an easy way to create pages and insert digital media so there is no need to know HTML or other programming languages, Google has mastered WYSIWYG ("what you see is what you get"). This course is designed to help educators build and design a website in Google Sites (or to revise their current Site). We will also explore different uses of Google Sites for both teachers and students. This course is appropriate for any educator who has working knowledge of the Google Suite of products and is willing to extend their knowledge. By the end of the course participants will have a working Google Site that they can use for their classroom.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Create a Google Site from a template or custom.
- Embed content/media/calendar in a Google Site.
- Explain the difference between adding editors for your site and sharing it with your student.
- Organize your class (school) materials effectively.
- Identify and implement different ways that teachers and students can use Google Sites.