Using Issue Advocacy to Improve Teaching and Learning Conditions
About the Course
This course will give participants the chance to focus on practical applications of issue advocacy and how to move issues from concept to reality in order to improve teaching and learning conditions. The course will provide participants opportunities to build empathy and learn leadership skills to advocate for staff and students at the school, district, and state levels. Participants will acquire a better sense of how their own classrooms, schools, and district may advocate and work collaboratively and creatively to increase longevity, ensure a welcoming work environment, and improve learning conditions for their staff and student populations.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify qualities and implement strategies to effectively advocate for improved teaching and learning conditions.
- Establish and maintain staff involvement through building their advocacy capacity.
- Develop strategies needed to effectively improve teaching and learning conditions and understand how the strategies are an imperative piece of advocacy.
- Create opportunities for collaboration and a shared sense of responsibility when dealing with issue advocacy.
- Reflect on best practices for school and district leaders in issue advocacy.
Be the first one to review this course!