Building a Reflective Teaching Practice
About the Course
“The more reflective you are, the more effective you are,” states Pete Hall, one of the authors of “Teach, Reflect, Learn.” In this course, educators will actively participate in online learning to further develop their reflection skills around their practice. They will have an opportunity to engage in a book study of, “Teach, Reflect, Learn” by Pete Hall and Alisa Simeral and set their own goals around their practice. Participants who walk away from this course will have a plan for developing their reflective practice.
This course is appropriate for anyone who is wanting to deepen their reflective practice or the reflective practice of others. Activities throughout the text are geared at teachers and coaches and can be adjusted to fit any role.
- Teach, Reflect, Learn: Building Your Capacity for Success in the Classroom by Pete Hall and Alisa Simeral
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Analyze current state of reflection and create an ongoing reflection journal
- Develop a plan for further self-reflection and goal setting
- Design a goal attached to a problem of practice, create a plan to make progress toward the goal along with how you will monitor for progress
- Analyze a set of data, a lesson plan or delivered lesson for planning and design around next steps
Be the first one to review this course!