Using the Lens of MTSS to Support Students with Fidelity
About the Course
Educators will actively participate in an online learning to further develop their understanding of Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS). Specific applications will be made to practice, as teachers will use learned skills of MTSS and develop a plan for a specific student or group of students, a school or district or even a board of education to implement MTSS.
This course is appropriate for K-8 general education, special education teachers and gifted and talented teachers. Counselors, instructional coaches, and administrators are invited to join us; they will be asked to work on a planning interventions and strategies for struggling students.
- Leading Equity-Based MTSS for All Students by Amy McCart and Dawn Miller
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Identify performance-based screening assessments that align to state standards and district curriculum.
- Use a variety of other assessments (e.g.m pre-assessments) to support student learning.
- Analyze data to determine differentiation and interventions to put in place with fidelity for students.
- Create SMART goals for identified struggling student/students.
- Develop and implement progress monitoring strategies to put in place for struggling student/students.
- Implement continued interventions for students within the tiers of MTSS with fluidity.