A Little Guide for Teachers: Diversity in Schools
About the Course
The book, A Little Guide for Teachers: Diversity in Schools, will help guide our thinking and learning. We will explore topics such as the importance of being knowledgeable on histories, trends, and controversies in the language of diversity. As well as creating culturally connected spaces, catering for all voices, modeling respect for diversity in schools, having belonging through curriculum, creating global citizens, and influencing positive change.
- A Little Guide for Teachers: Diversity in Schools by Bennie Kara
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Become knowledgeable on histories, trends, and controversies in the language of diversity.
- How to embed terminology into your classroom.
- Know the importance of learning about cultures and histories.
- Model respect for cultural differences.
- How to create culturally connected spaces.
- Consciously cater for all voices.
- Create belonging through the curriculum.
- Create real world opportunities for students to understand cultures outside their own.
- Influence positive change.
Be the first one to review this course!