Mathematical Mindsets: Unleashing Students' Potential through Creative Math, Inspiring Messages and Innovative Teaching
This course is a book study of Jo Boaler’s latest book, Mathematical Mindsets: Unleasing Students’ Potential Through Creative Math, Inspiring Messages and Innovative Teaching.
Participants will collaboratively discuss the nine chapters in the text and reflect on implications in their own teaching.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Explain the role of brain development and mathematical learning.
- Analyze the power of students making mistakes and productively struggling in the math classroom.
- Employ mathematical mindsets through engaging students in rich mathematical tasks.
- Teach and assess students for a growth mindset in the math classroom.
- Grade(s): Pre-K | Kindergarten | 1st Grade | 2nd Grade | 3rd Grade | 4th Grade | 5th Grade | 6th Grade | 7th Grade | 8th Grade | 9th Grade | 10th Grade | 11th Grade | Elementary K-5 | Secondary 6-12
- Subject(s): Education Leadership | Math | Professional Development | Teacher Leadership/Effectiveness
- Colorado Academic Standard(s):
- Teacher Quality Standard(s):