Mathematical Mindsets: Unleashing Students' Potential through Creative Math, Inspiring Messages and Innovative Teaching
This course is a book study of Jo Boaler’s latest book, Mathematical Mindsets: Unleasing Students’ Potential Through Creative Math, Inspiring Messages and Innovative Teaching.
Participants will collaboratively discuss the nine chapters in the text and reflect on implications in their own teaching.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Explain the role of brain development and mathematical learning.
- Analyze the power of students making mistakes and productively struggling in the math classroom.
- Employ mathematical mindsets though engaging students in rich mathematical tasks.
- Teach and assess students for a growth mindset in the math classroom.
- Subject(s): Education Leadership | Math | Professional Development | Teacher Leadership/Effectiveness