Privacy Disclosure Statement
There are many different ways you can use our services – to search for and enroll in classes, to find and download lesson plan resources, and to connect and collaborate with others. When you share information with us, for example by creating a CEA COpilot account, we can make those services even better. As you use our services, we want you to be clear how we’re using information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy.
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
Information we collect
We collect information to provide better services to all of our users – from figuring out basic stuff like which local association represents you to more complex things like which classes you might be interested in or how we can connect you better with your colleagues.
We collect information in the following ways:
- Information you give us. For example, many of our services require you to sign up for a COpilot account. When you do, we’ll ask for personal information, like your name, email address, and telephone number. If you want to take full advantage of the collaborative features we offer, we might also ask you to include a photo of yourself in your profile.
- Information we get from your use of our services. We collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, like when you enroll in a class, what resources have been downloaded, and when you leave reviews about course offered through COpilot.
Information we collect when you are signed in to CEA COpilot, in addition to information we obtain about you from partners (such as Google and BetterLesson), may be associated with your CEA COpilot Account. When information is associated with your CEA COpilot Account, we treat it as personal information.
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect CEA COpilot and our users. We also use this information to offer you tailored content – like promotions and communications for certain classes.
We may use the name you provide for your CEA COpilot Profile across all of the services we offer that require a CEA COpilot Account.
If you have a CEA COpilot Account, we may display your Profile name, Profile photo, and actions you take on COpilot or on third-party applications connected to your CEA COpilot Account (such as Moodle—including Google Drive and other Google Services integrated into the Moodle platform—and Edthena) in our services, including displaying in user reviews.
When you contact CEA COpilot, we keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
CEA COpilot may use the information collected by this Website’s cookies in an aggregated form to measure number of visits, average time spent on this Website, pages viewed, and other relevant statistics. CEA COpilot collects this information to measure the overall visitor traffic, use of this Website and to improve the operation of this Website. A “cookie” is a small data file that this Website can send to the Internet browser you are using, which may then be stored on the hard drive or server of the computer you are using to help this Website remember information about you when you return to this Website, such as your preferences for this Website and if you desire, your account identification. This Website’s cookies do not read data from the hard drive of the computer you are using, read cookie files created by other Websites, or track any personal information about you. You may have the option of setting the Internet browser (e.g., Google, Yahoo!, etc.) you are using to reject cookies however doing so may negatively impact upon the performance of this Website or restrict CEA COpilot in better serving your use of this Website. The “help” portion of the toolbar on most Internet browsers will tell you how to prevent the Internet browser you are using from accepting new cookies, how to have the Internet browser notify you when a new cookie is received, or how to disable the cookie feature altogether.
Our automated systems analyze your content (including emails) to provide you personally relevant product features, such as customized search results, tailored advertising, and spam and malware detection.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of CEA COpilot unless one of the following circumstances applies:
With your consent
We will share personal information with entities outside of CEA COpilot when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
With domain administrators
Your CEA COpilot Account is managed for you by a domain administrator (for example, for G Suite users) who is a CEA employee and has access to limited personal data (name, email address, physical address, phone number, date of birth, purchase history). This person can do the following tasks:
- view statistics regarding your account, like statistics regarding applications you install.
- change your account password.
- suspend or terminate your account access.
- access or retain information stored as part of your account.
- receive your account information in order to satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- restrict your ability to delete or edit information or privacy settings.
For external processing
For legal reasons
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of CEA COpilot if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Google, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
We work hard to protect CEA COpilot and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our services using SSL.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to CEA employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Protect Your Information
Use only secure Websites when disclosing your personally identifiable information. Secure pages generally begin with “https”. Avoid easy to decode (that is, easy to figure out) access codes (e.g., your name) and/or personal ID numbers. Never respond to unsolicited requests for your social security number or your financial data. Do not disclose your passwords to this Website (if any) or your account information to any other person or entity.
How to Contact Us