The Book Whisperer: Awakening the Inner Reader in Every Child
About the Course
This course is a book study of The Book Whisperer: Awakening the Inner Reader in Every Child, by Donalyn Miller. Participants will learn how to implement a plan to instill a passion and love of reading with students. The plan will be created by participants and specific to their grade level and content area. Participants will complete the course ready to bring back learnings and plan to the classroom, and provide an effortless path to implement immediately.
- The Book Whisperer: Awakening the Inner Reader in Every Child by Donalyn Miller
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES:
- Analyze the current reader styles of their students.
- Identify the needs of their classroom/school, and how to inspire a passion and love of reading with all students.
- Develop an implementation plan to ensure success of objectives.
- Analyze the success of the new implementation plan, and make adjustments periodically as needed.