Permission to Feel: Unlocking the Power of Emotion to Help Our Kids, Our Society, and Ourselves Thrive
About the Course
This course is a book study on Marc Brackett's best selling book, Permission to Feel Unlocking the Power of Emotions to Help Our Kids Ourselves & Our Society Thrive. Based on research from the Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence, this course will focus on practical and research based 5 keys to emotional intelligence and how those impact education and learning. Educators will learn his technique known as "Ruler Training" and transform their emotional literacy.
- Permission to Feel Unlocking the Power of Emotions to Help Our Kids Ourselves & Our Society Thrive by Marc Brackett
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify and demonstrate the process of emotion labeling, processing and feeling.
- Recognize, understand, label, express and regulate emotions in both themselves and their students.
- Apply emotional intelligence and agility in the classroom.
- Create a framework for what adults need to learn emotionally in order to support children―and themselves―in achieving academic and life success.
Stephanie Fast is an currently an Elementary School Counselor in Littleton Public Schools. In the past 11 years of her educational career, she has also taught 4th, 6th and 7th grade Language Arts and Social Studies in both Colorado and Ohio as well as worked with alternative high school students in the counseling sphere. Stephanie strongly believes in the value of professional development and life-long learning as an educator; which led her to both taking and facilitating courses on Copilot. Among her top values include making connections and building strong relationships with students to best engage them in learning and growth. This has been her passion and is a focus of her work in her online book study
Stephanie was recently selected as “Teacher of the Year” by students at her former Middle School and has served as a teacher leader in her various buildings. She has been a PBIS leader, school PLC facilitator, building accountability member, coach and club sponsor. Stephanie earned her Bachelor's in Middle Childhood Education from Baldwin Wallace University and her Masters in School Counseling from Cleveland State University.